posted on September 28, 2017 10:14
Don't miss out on this life-changing opportunity!
LEARN ABOUT CIEE PROGRAMS | http://www.ciee.org/high-school-summer-abroad/
Payton is in its fourth year of partnership with the Council on International Education Exchange (CIEE). GOLD Global Navigator Schools show an exceptional commitment to a global mindset that pervades the learning environment and results in the graduation of a significant number of students who can navigate across languages, connect with different cultures and impact global/local issues in today`s interconnected world.
As a GOLD Global Navigator School, Payton students receive, at a minimum, a dedicated $50,000 in scholarshipfunds for CIEE Global Navigator Summer Abroad programs. This is in addition to the $5.4 million in CIEE scholarships available nationwide. Full and partial scholarships dramatically offset the cost of travel and nearly eliminate it for some.
- Last summer's cohort of 26 Payton global scholars received over $99,000 in scholarships.
- To date, 56 Payton students have received $219,390 in scholarship funds to study abroad w/ CIEE
- All current freshmen, sophomores and juniors are eligible for scholarships.
- Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors who elect to apply to one of 70+ CIEE Summer High School Abroad programs will be considered for the awards, based on both merit and need.
- Beginning in summer 2018, CIEE will have over 10 new programs in new locations, such as Rome, Prague, and Perth.
- Programs are in the summer and range from three to four weeks and include Language and Culture, Service and Leadership, and Global Discovery.
Enrichment Info Sessions: Ms. Gallegos is hosting info sessions w/ Payton Global Navigator Alum on the following dates:
- Thursday, September 28
- Thursday, October 5
- Thursday, October 26
- Tuesday, November 4
- December 1: Early application deadline for students to submit online program and scholarship application (75% of funds are awarded by that date, so you should meet the deadline)
- Mid December: Students notified of program acceptance and scholarship award
- Late December: Deadline for students to accept or decline awards
- February 15: Final program application deadline
Reach out to Tim Rogers, Payton's dedicated CIEE contact at email@example.com, or see Ms. Gallegos in room 130.